Chateau Ste. Michelle Sauvignon Blanc
พันธุ์องุ่นผสม (Grape Blended)
WINEMAKER VINTAGE NOTES
• The 2012 vintage was fairly typical for eastern Washington and a much welcomed change from the cooler 2010 and 2011 vintages.
• Bud break started a little earlier than normal but cooler temperatures through the early summer delayed veraison slightly.
• A warming trend began in late July and dry conditions through mid-October were ideal for fruit ripening.
• Sourced from vineyards throughout the Columbia Valley, including our Horse Heaven Vineyard.
• Columbia Valley vineyards lie in the rain shadow of the Cascade Mountains and receive just 6-8 inches of rainfall annually.
• Sandy soils with low fertility and low water-holding capacity enable precise control of vine growth.
• Warm, sunny days and cool evenings create ideal conditions for aroma and flavor development in the ripening grapes.
• Yeasts specifically designated for Sauvignon Blanc were used to initiate the three-week fermentation and release varietal aromas.
• Predominately stainless steel fermented to preserve Sauvignon Blanc’s delicate fruit character.
• 3% barrel fermentation for four months for added complexity.