Michele Chiarlo Barolo Tortoniano
Tortoniano is named for the tortonian-era soils in which the vines are planted, which contain a high percentage of magnesium and manganese. Grape clusters are thinned and are harvested somewhat later than usual so that the fruit attains higher concentration. Temperatures are strictly controlled during vinification and the wine is aged for two years in large oak casks and one year in bottle before release.
94 Points Wine Enthusiast
"Inviting aromas recalling truffle, wild mint, woodland berry and spice escape the glass along with whiffs of rose. The aromas carry over to the savory, elegant palate together with crushed raspberry and star anise while taut, fine-grained tannins provide structure. Fresh acidity keeps it balanced. It's already approachable but also shows great mid-term aging potential."
93 Points Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
"The Michele Chiarlo Barolo Tortoniano reveals a hint of vintage ripeness with dried raspberry and cherry behind grilled herb and anise seed. The Tortoniano is tight and firm now in its youth with some mild tannic astringency that will surely relax with just a few more years of bottle age. The wine needs four or five years to flesh out and gain in volume."
90 Points James Suckling
"Rich red berries, thickened up with sous-bois notes. Medium-bodied with light tannins and a touch of firmness to the finish."
พันธุ์องุ่นผสม (Grape Blended)
- Michele Chiarlo Barolo Cannubi DOCG฿6,620.00
- Michele Chiarlo Barbaresco Faset DOCG฿4,930.00
- Michele Chiarlo Barbaresco Asili DOCG฿4,930.00
- Michele Chiarlo Barbaresco Reyna DOCG฿3,240.00
- Michele Chiarlo Barolo Cerequio฿6,930.00
- Michele Chiarlo Gavi Le Marne DOCG฿1,190.00
- Michele Chiarlo Moscato D'Asti Nivole฿1,070.00
- Michele Chiarlo Langhe Il Principe DOC฿1,470.00